AOA Call for Posters for Optometry's Meeting 2015
Deadline: February 6, 2015
The American Optometric Association is pleased to invite your participation in the Clinical and Scientific Poster Session at the 2015 Optometry’s Meeting®.
The poster session will have a preview session on Friday, June 26, 2015 (10:00am-6:00pm) and an interactive session on Saturday, June 27, 2015 from 11:00am-2:00pm, where presenters must be present.
The AOA Poster Session will offer CE credit on Saturday, June 27, 2015. Attendees wishing to spend an uninterrupted one- or two-hours viewing the interactive poster session (11:00am-2:00pm) will be able to receive the appropriate one or two hour CE credit. Please note that CE credit will be offered only during the Saturday interactive session (11:00am-2:00pm) and authors must be present.
Abstracts based on unique clinical cases and all aspects of optometric research are currently being accepted. All case reports and research must be complete and unpublished at the time of submission. All abstracts must be submitted electronically via online submission by February 6, 2015.
New this year! The top 5 posters will be selected to participate in an interactive education session at Optometry's Meeting on Saturday, June 27 from 8am - 10am. Each presenter will be paid an additional honorarium to participate in this rapid-fire session featuring 15-20 minutes of presentation per author. The top 5 posters will also be featured in AOA Focus.
POSTER SELECTION CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
Authors will be notified by e-mail of the acceptance of their poster by mid-March. Acceptance will be based on the following criteria:
- All abstracts must meet the following requirements:
- Primary authors must be a member of the AOA in order to be an Optometry’s Meeting® Poster Presenter.
- The complete abstract must be submitted online by February 7, 2014.
- A primary author may only submit 3 posters total, any posters exceeding this amount will not be considered.
- The abstract must follow the format example explicitly, (see links below) or disqualification will occur.
- The abstract submission form must be filled out completely; otherwise the entry will be disqualified.
- The abstract must be no more than 350 words (not including title and authors), all abstracts over this word count will be disqualified.
- The information conveyed must be of sufficient general interest to the optometric community.
- The abstract must be clear, concise, and well-written in anticipation of publication.
- The abstract must contain sufficient detail for evaluation.
- Scientific abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The abstract must be based on original and previously unpublished research.
- The abstract must describe a scientific investigation of the idea or product being studied.
- The abstract must demonstrate a clear and soundly tested hypothesis.
- The conclusions in the abstract must appear to be justified by the results presented.
- The abstract must contain evidence of a significant, new result and the significance must be clear from the abstract.
- The abstract must contain more than just preliminary results.
- Case report abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The case report must highlight timely or essential information, not just a review of information already in the literature.
- The case report must be unique-if two similar case reports are submitted, a choice may be made between the two to maximize diversity in the poster program.
- The case report must demonstrate complete follow-through of patient care.
- The clinical significance of the case report must be clear from the abstract.
- Informational abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The topic must be deemed appropriate for presentation at Optometry’s Meeting®. Topics appropriate for informational posters include, but are not limited to, information about AOA programs or sections.
- Informational posters may not contain product or service advertisements.
SELECTED POSTERS- BENEFITS
The primary author of posters that are selected for the 2015 Optometry’s Meeting® is entitled to the following benefits:
- $100 total travel grant (this excludes informational posters)
- Abstract will be included in an AOA digital supplement to be promoted on aoa.org and in AOA Focus.
- New this year! The top 5 posters will be selected to participate in an interactive education session at Optometry's Meeting on Saturday, June 27 from 8am - 10am. The poster author must be willing to give an oral presentation with powerpoint regarding their poster. Each presenter will be paid an additional $150 honorarium to participate in this rapid-fire session featuring 15-20 minutes of presentation per author. The top 5 posters will also be featured in AOA Focus.
Please note that authors of selected posters will be responsible for hotel & transportation costs, fees for participation in Continuing Education courses, and all other fees associated with attendance at Optometry’s Meeting®. Posters are peer-reviewed and only those that meet the acceptance criteria will be selected for presentation.
PUBLICATION OF ABSTRACTS
Accepted posters will be published in an AOA digital supplement that will be promoted to AOA members and the profession. The supplement will be featured on aoa.org and also be included in an article in AOA Focus magazine following Optometry's Meeting.
ATTENDING THE POSTER SESSION
Authors must arrive at Optometry’s Meeting® in time to set up their posters on Friday, June 26, 2015 between 7:00am and 10:00am, and must present their poster at the interactive session on Saturday, June 27, 2015 from 11:00am until 2:00pm.
The AOA will be using a 48” high X 96” wide Velcro pushpin-receptive display. All text on the poster should be in type no smaller than 18 pt. and must be legible from a distance of about 4-5 feet. Each illustration should contain a caption.
February 6, 2015
Notification of acceptance
Mid March 2015
2015 Optometry’s Meeting®
June 24- June 28, 2015
June 26, 2015 7:00am-10:00am
Poster Session Preview
June 26, 2015 10:00am-6:00pm
Rapid-Fire CE Course Featuring Top 5 Poster Presenters
June 28, 2014 8:00am-10:00am
Interactive Poster Session offering CE Credit
June 28, 2014 11:00am-2:00pm
American Optometric Association
Attn: Stacy Harris
Attn: Stacy Harris
243 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
St. Louis, MO 63141
(800) 365-2219 ext. 4254
Dominick M. Maino OD, MEd, FAAO, FCOVD-A; Poster Abstract Committee, Chair