Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Maino's Baked Rainbow Rigatoni ala Nawlins

I recently presented at the Information Systems Educators Conference in New Orleans. I loved being able to talk to non-doctors about the techno-visual-human interface and the problems us non-geek types encounter. While there I tried to enjoy as much of New Orleans as possible.

My lovely spouse is a nurse on the neuro-floor at the New Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. She is working a 12 hour shift today, so I wanted to make something quite special (but easy) for dinner when she gets home about 9PM. I wanted it easy to make and not involve hours of preparation time...so...

...I just made up a recipe for Maino's Baked Rainbow Rigatoni ala Nawlins.

Here's what you will need: 1lb tricolor rigatoni, 1 lb crawfish (precooked), tuna (or any other fish you would like to add to the pot), provolone and Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, fresh plumb tomatoes and Three Cheese Prego sauce.




















1. Pour your sauce into a large bowl. Add the tuna, cut green pepper, diced onion, cut tomato and mushrooms. Mix in some of your crawfish. Put this into your microwave to heat for 4 minutes, stir so the flavor is enhance, and heat for 4 more minutes.








2.) Boil some water after adding a bit of salt and oil. Add your rigatoni to the pot. Cook so that the rigatoni is firm but not soft.





 








3.) Get a large pan and add the rigatoni. Stir in the sauce with all the good stuff I mentioned above. Add some Parmesan cheese. Stir again.










4. Place provolone on the top of the mixture. Place crawfish on top of the provolone. Add some cut green pepper and sprinkle on additional Parmesan cheese.




5. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven. Turn around and bake another 20 minutes.


 


And....there you have a quick .... but very unique meal. I think I will add a nice California Red and then we are ready to eat a feast! If you try this let me know how it turns out! DM


1 comment: