Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Doc Maino's Time Warped Aged, Micro-barrel, Very, Very Small Batch Whiskey: It's Done!

Doc Maino's Time Warped Aged, Micro-barrel, Very, Very Small Batch Whiskey: It's Done!

 Well it's been 3 months and my micro-barrel, very small batch whiskey should be done. 

It's not. 

I like the color, but the taste is not at the quality level I have come to expect from my whiskey. I added two glasses of my aging rye mixture to the barrel and am going to give it another month. Will let you know then how it turns out.

Most of the reviews I've read about Woodinville age your own whiskey end result have been outstanding....I'm not convinced just yet. Will let you know in another month.

My rye aging whiskey endeavor should be ready to taste in September. Will keep you all posted on this experiment as well. I do like the color of the rye much better....very dark amber-like. It is a bit sweet, but that's probably going to be just fine for rye whiskey. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment